We Are Committed To Safety First.
Establishing and maintaining a safe work environment is Firelands Electric’s highest priority. We have an established Corporate Safety Program that has resulted in Firelands’ outstanding safety record within the construction industry. The Safety Program is administered by a full-time Safety Director and staff. The Program covers:
- Reviews all aspects of the Corporate Safety Manual
- Includes handout of Field Safety Book and exam to enhance comprehension
- Direct access to our Safety Director through an Anonymous Safety Hotline
- Orientation repeated every three years
- Covers each task to be completed daily by foreman and crew
- Identifies each hazard & necessary actions to mitigate the hazard
- Requires signature of each crew member
- Contains post inspection checklist
- Frontline field supervisors are OHSA 30 trained
- NFPA 70E safe work practice compliance
- Trade Show
- Project and task-specific training
- Continuing education for Superintendents
Other Corporate Programs
- Project Safety Performance included in Project Manager reviews
- Job Site Safety Inspections w/ follow-up
- Safety incentive programs
- Suggestion Program
Our commitment to a safe work environment ensures peace of mind, customer confidence and results in a successful project.
Quality is a critical element of Firelands Electric’s operating model. As a member of the Lake Erie Electric group of companies, Firelands Electric has access to the same quality assurance program that helps differentiate Lake Erie Electric from its competitors. A mechanism for facilitating operational process improvement, the LEE Quality Program covers all tasks from marketing to project closeout. For additional information, please visit the Safety & Quality page on the Lake Erie Electric corporate website.
Firelands Electric is a registered member of supplier qualification services providers Browz, ISNetworld (fma PICS) and Avetta. Each of these firms reviews and validates Firelands Electric’s insurance and regulatory information, as well as the Company’s safety record.